Friday, October 9, 2009

Spenard Hostel International, Anchorage, Alaska


I chose this hostel for my first couple of nights in Anchorage primarily because my flight was arriving late and it is close to the airport. I had a reservation and when I got to the hostel I found a note taped to the front door with my name on it and directions to my doom room. I need not have worried about arriving so late because the place was open and a few people were around. The staff had just left at 11 p.m. - a few minutes before my arrival. Quiet time begins at 10 p.m., but there is no curfew and no lockout.

It was a comfortable, friendly, no-hassle place to stay.Unique Qualities: There is a large fenced yard yard with barbeque grill, bike storage, laundry room and free, but limited, off-street parking. A small market and restaurants are nearby. They have 3 full kitchens and four homestyle bathrooms. The dorms are a little tight, but ok, and contain 4, 6 or 7 bunks. There is a dining room seperate from the kitchens and three large common areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment