Friday, October 9, 2009

Rumrunners Bar and Grill


It was my last evening in Anchorage, Alaska, I was alone, and was drawn to Rumrunners by the outside tables. It is in Old Towne, the main tourist area of Anchorage, and a great place to people watch while getting a bite to eat. The only problem is that the service, at least for the outside tables, was very slow and inattentive. Maybe the wait staff was more occupied with the larger inside crowd where there was lots of noise, a dance floor and liquor flowing.

While I was dining a panhandler came by and solicited all of the outside diners. And no, he didn't want a bite to eat. I would have given him that.

I had the Fish and Chips: battered cod filets deep fried with french fried potatoes and cole slaw. It was OK. My suspicion is that those who dine inside the restaurant with a larger party may get better service and have a totally different experience here than I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment