Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Creole Delicacies in New Orleans


The quaint little Creole Delicacies shop on Jackson Square in New Orleans, Louisiana, is a great place to buy gifts, souvenirs, culinary items and New Orleans' famous and delicious pralines. We got a refrigerator magnet, postcards, and a box of pralines here. The pralines, a deep south delicacy made of pecans, brown sugar and other good stuff, didn't make it even as far as the New Orleans city limits before they were all consumed.

I well remember my very first praline which I had in New Orleans as a young teenager on a trip with my dad and brothers. I thought it was the best thing I had ever eaten up until that point in my life. And they are still very good. However, according to my own subjective assessment, the pralines on River Street in Savannah, Georgia and those at the Old Market in downtown Charleston, South Carolina are the best. Still, if you happen to be in New Orleans, the pralines here are excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment