Thursday, January 8, 2009

International Hostel, Austin, Texas


The Hosteling International in Austin, Texas, offers great digs for the budget traveler.
My two nights at this Austin Hostel was a very pleasant and comfortable experience. The 39-bed hostel is also convenient, located one-half mile east of Interstate 35. Beside the hostel is plenty of free parking.
I had a rental car when I was here, the hostel is only a fifteen minute city bus ride from downtown Austin and its famous live music scene on 6th Street, as well as other attractions. The common room is very large and welcoming and there is also a well equipped kitchen. The thing I liked most was the wall of windows to the back of the common room overlooking Town Lake.
The hostel sits on a dedicated hike and bike trail around this beautiful lake. Inexpensive rental bikes, canoes and kayaks are available for hostel guests. I could have enjoyed a much longer stay here if other adventures had not been calling.

1 comment: