Friday, October 9, 2009

Snow City Cafe, Anchorage, Alaska


I stopped a total stranger on the street in downtown Anchorage at about 8 a.m. and asked, "Where's the best place around here for breakfast?" Without hesitating he directed me past two other restaurants to Snow City Cafe. The first thing that struck me about the restaurant were the beautiful flowers in front, and the second thing was the crowd. I got the last empty table.
Snow City Cafe is obviously a popular place with the downtown working crowd as well as tourists. They only serve breakfast and lunch here, and are open from 7 a.m. 'till 4 p.m. The atmosphere was very inviting and the service was fast and friendly.
I couldn't resist the Snow City Scramble: Three eggs scrambled with Black Forest ham, cheddar, sun-dried tomatoes, mushrooms and grilled onions. It was as great as it sounds - and the portion was generous enough to fuel me up for a full morning of sightseeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment