Friday, October 9, 2009

Glacier Brew House, Anchorage, Alaska


Glacier Brew House has been named by Travelocity as one of the ten best restaurants in Alaska, and with just one visit there you will see why. I was fortunate to meet Anchorage a local Alaska friend, Patty, whose downtown office is just across the street from the Anchorage International Hostel, and she was kind enough to take her lunch break to show me around. The restaurant was a short walk from the hostel.

The Glacier Brewhouse is large, modern, very nicely appointed, and we found it bustling with the local downtown lunch crowd. A special bonus is that we got our lunch for free. I was enjoying my conversation with Patty so much that I didn't even notice the server took a long time to bring our meal. The manager of the restaurant stopped by our table, apologized for the delay, and said our lunch was on the house. Honestly, I don't think it was all that late, but these folks sure aim to please. They will definitely get my business again the next time I am in Anchorage.

Favorite Dish: I had the Salmon BLT: Alderwood grilled Alaskan salmon, pepper bacon, beefsteak tomato, romaine hearts, basil aioli on homemade focaccia bread. It was a choice that would have been hard to beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment