Friday, October 16, 2009

Oho's Smallest Church - Healing Chapel


In far eastern end of Athens County, Ohio, just west of the town of Coolville, you will see a sign pointing off U.S. 50 on County Road 63, to "Ohio’s Smallest Church," The tiny 10X14 foot structure is open 24/7, and is called “Healing Chapel.”

This doesn't seem to be a regular church, where worship services are held. It only has four short pews which might seat two small people each, although there is a pulpit and room for a not-too-active preacher to stand. Instead of a place of public worship, Ohio's smallest church is a non-denominational refuge for travelers who want to stop and offer a private prayer.

One either side of the pulpit was a container - one for prayer requests and the other for answered prayers. Each of them was full of scraps of paper with words scribbled on them. Inside the doorway is a bulletin board where many prayer requests, and a few testimonies of answered prayer are also posted. There was also a wide open collection box, with a few crumpled one dollar bills in it and a few cents in change.


1 comment:

  1. I have stopped there a few times with a heavy heart and left my prayers. I don't know that my prayers have been answered but I do know that I leave there with peace in my heart.
    My husband and I shed a few tears there after learning our son was arrested and was going to prison.
    I live a few hundred miles from this church but everytime we are in that area of Ohio we stop in and pray.

    ReplyDelete