Saturday, October 10, 2009

The Road to Hell - Dispelling the Myths



This photo is of a native gift shop on the road from George Town to Hell, Grand Cayman Island.

All my life I've heard about Hell. However, after going to Hell and back, I must say that some of the things I'd heard about the place simply are not true.

I've always heard that the road to Hell is paved with "good intentions." Actually, the road we took to Hell seemed to be paved with asphalt.

I've heard many say that people are "going to Hell in a handbasket." We went to Hell in a taxi, and although I looked for handbaskets I couldn't find a single one there.

I've always been told that the road to Hell is wide and crowded. Hell Road is actually quite narrow and there is very little traffic at all.

People who haven't been there say Hell is HOT and DRY. When we were in Hell the temperatures were warm, but very pleasant, and ice water was available in the gift shops.

No comments:

Post a Comment