Friday, October 16, 2009

Church of God Full Gospel Hall, Georgetown, Grand Cayman Island



I could not help but notice the Church of God Full Gospel Hall in downtown George Town since I grew up in the same denomination in Cleveland, Tennessee. This is one several Churches of God in the island and according to a taxi driver it is one of the strongest churches on Grand Cayman.


On my second visit to George Town, in February, 2007, I happened to run into two very dear old friends from college days whom I had not seen in years - Ernest and Ann Roberts. They were on the same cruise ship with us. Our ship docked at George Town on a Sunday so Ernest and Ann took advantage of the opportunity to visit the Sunday morning services at the church. They said they went dressed like tourists (in shorts), and were made to feel very welcome. I noticed that the local folks coming in and out of the church were all dressed in their "Sunday best."

No comments:

Post a Comment